Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Moon and stars smiling...

It's the first day of December....and it's the very first time I could ever see with my own naked eyes, a fascinating view in the sky at night....what a unique phenomenon! Subhanallah....Glory to Allah! It's indeed a sign of the greatness of Him....for those who think, (forsure)!

On the day itself, I decided to go back earlier than usual (after 5pm is considered as early from my own standard....Allahu a'laam)...Plus, I had already cancelled my plan to stay back at uni till Isha' prayer time because I felt a bit restless and exhausted. If I could still trust my memory, it was nearly 6.30pm (local time) when I realised that I was the second last person to leave the postgraduate office.

At that time, I seriously thought that Qiang (a PhD student in my current lab) was still in the lab doing his own experiment. Hence, I just couldn't be bothered to double sure about him and therefore, leaving Marie (an exchange student from France) in the office (as she's busy with her own task too). But I was totally wrong. Marie was alone and infact, she's the last person to go back and unfortunately, she hasn't got any keys with her. Huhuhuh...pity Marie...and poor me as I had to go back to uni solely to lock the lab doors and the office door.

But anyhow....mashaAllah....it was not for nothing, indeed. As I was looking at the sky (one of my habits....star gazing), I could spot something different than usual....Subhanallah....the moon (it's a crescent, to be exact) was bright and there were two stars within a close proximity (not really sure if this term is correct...anyway, no worries) to the moon....all these three stars then formed a "smiley face" in the sky....it was so clear from the place where I was sitting....and this morning, a person from Victoria (my old place) just posted a news informing about this interesting event. Yes, I could clearly see it from Queensland too. I was told that it could be observed across Australia...Again, Subhanallah....

A brief news from Caroline, taken from Yahoo! 7 News:- [a credit to Caroline for sharing]...

On Monday across Australia, Venus and Jupiter were in formation with the moon to appear as a smiley face in the night sky.

The three-day-old crescent moon and planets appeared above the western horizon.

The unusual astronomical event was close enough to see with the naked eye from about 9pm.

Venus and Jupiter have appeared near each other in the evening sky for the past week but last night was the best time to see the smiley face.

It will be another five years before the formation appears again.

The phenomenon can be seen in the attached photo snapped by Yahoo! 7 user Caroline from Victoria.





"Those who remember Allah (always, and in prayers) standing, sitting, and lying down on their sides, and think deeply about the creation of the heavens and the earth (saying): "Our Lord! You have not created (all) this without purpose, glory to You! (Exalted are You above all that they associate with You as partners). Give us salvation from the torment of the Fire." [QS3:191]


Note: While waiting for the safety bus around 8.5opm today, again...I spent sometime looking at the sky. The moon was still as bright as yesterday (I guess), but to my surprise, it was no longer a "smiley face", but it's a "sad face" instead....for unknown reasons...(perhaps, it might be due to the movement of the earth and the rest, Allahu ta'ala a'laam...I'll leave it there, inshaAllah).

Thank You Allah for everything...(",) - something to cheer me up, at least....and that's why I just love star gazing....hoping for another miracles from Allah, hopefully~

-The End-

4 comments:

  1. best lah kak yus..

    saya tak pernah berpeluang melihat keindahan ini. mungkin sebab tak pernah peduli..

    subhanallah...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alhamdulillah, Allah izinkan akak utk lihat kehebatanNYA, despite bnyk lg yg Dia secara langsung/tak langsung cuba utk sedarkan kita...Allahu a'laam...ianya satu kejadian yg tak disengajakan....cantik sungguh rencana Allah...akak pun tak sangka...Subhanallah...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. salam yus... masyaAllah akak pun dapat tengok fenomena tu.. kul dari uni pukul 9.30 malam baru nak balik.. waktu tengok tu, akak terpegun, subhanallah cantiknya bulan dan bintang malam ni!! akak berdiri lama sambil memerhati kecantikan langit yg jarang sekali dapat dilihat. then balik umah, barulah kak yana terangkan fenomena tu.. akak tak tau itu satu fenomena..=) alhamdulillah, dapat akak saksikan satu lagi kebesaran Allah=)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wassalam wbt akak sayang...na'am...mashaAllah...it's about the same time...waktu yg sama sbnrnya since kita beza 30minutes...subhanallah, in other words...waktu itu hati2 kita bersatu akak....bersatu melihatkan keajaiban alam ciptaan Allah....syukur krn kita dipilih Allah utk menyaksikan fenomena bersejarah nan indah itu....Alhamdulillah atas segala hal... :)

    ReplyDelete