Thursday, June 15, 2006

Selamat Hari Lahir, Aina…



Assalamualaikum wbt..specially dedicated to my dear friend, Ukhti Aina Farhana…may Allah shower you with His bless and countless Bounty, Ameen!

Today, 15th June is your 21st Birthday..but I’m so sorry for being too late to wish you..but anyhow, I suppose that does not really matter as long as I remember it…Happy Birthday Aina!!!

Just a few words from me;


“I rarely take the time to say it,
But I’m glad you’re my friend.

We’ve shared some special moments together,
Memories we’ll never forget;

We’ve laughed, cried, and believed.
Through extraordinary times;

You’ve been there to lean on
When I needed a shoulder;
You’ve extended your heart and accepted me as I am;
You’ve listened to my dreams and schemes and my problems.

Again, I’m so grateful
For being granted a close friend like you;
The one who is always by my side,
In times of pains and sorrows;
When it feels like there’s no tomorrow
You’ll stay, my dearest friend.

Truly, friends will have differences, friend will fight;
But in the end, everything will be fine and just right.



MashaAllah, I shall share something about the Concept of Friendship in Islam which I have just got to know it..may it benefit others as well…

*************************************************************************************

In an authentic Hadith, the Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.) said: "A person is likely to follow the faith of his friend, so look whom you befriend." [Abu Dawood and at-Tirmidhee]


In another Hadith, Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.) said: "The example of a good companion and a bad companion is like that of the seller of musk, and the one who blows the blacksmith's bellows. So as for the seller of musk then either he will grant you some, or you buy some from him, or at least you enjoy a pleasant smell from him. As for the one who blows the blacksmith's bellows then either he will burn your clothes or you will get an offensive smell from him." [al-Bukhary and Muslim]


In his commentary of this Hadith, Imam an-Nawawy said that the Prophet (s.a.w.) compared a good companion to a seller of musk and spoke of the virtue of having companions who are good, who have noble manners, piety, knowledge and good culture . Such are those who grant us from their virtue. And he ( s.a.w.) forbade us to sit with those who do evil, commit a lot of sins and other bad deeds, as well as with innovators, backbiters, and so forth. Another scholar said: "keeping good company with the pious results in attainment of beneficial knowledge, noble manners and righteous actions, whereas keeping company with the wicked prevents all of that." Many times a Muslim is encouraged by his friends to do evil and to forget his duties. The result is that Muslims themselves are often ashamed to leave them to perform prayer, their friends thus causing them to clearly deviate from the Right Path.

Last but not least, I just want to reiterate this authentic hadeeth from our beloved Prophet Muhammad S.A.W.;

Narrated Anas r.a.: The Prophet S.A.W. said, “Whoever possesses the following three qualities will have the sweetness (delight) of Faith: the one whom Allah and His Messenger (Muhammad S.A.W.) become dearer than anything else; who loves a person and he loves him only for Allah’s sake; who hates to revert to atheism (disbelief) as he hates to be thrown into the fire.”
[Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol. 1 Hadeeth no. 15]


*************************************************************************************

Ana uhibbuki fillah abadan abada…=)




Min,
Ukhtil Mukhlisah,
Ukhti Siti Yusrina Nadihah Jamaludin.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:07 pm

    masyaAllah..she must be very lucky to have you as her friend..well it actually coincides with my best friend's birthday..and unfortunately i was very busy that i accidentaly forgot her birthday.well, actually i'm preparing some birthday surprise for her but since i'm too buzy lately with my hectic schedule i forgot.ermm just as u said it does not matter as long we remember..actually for me it's not that present, card or what so ever that matters, its the thought that counts..right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely dude...=) Actually, she's a special friend of mine..because she is someone different from others...

    I need not to say much about her..but I really hope that our friendship will last longer..inshaAllah..

    I bet you are also a person who really appreciates friendship to the extent that you do regret for forgetting your friend's birthday..that's good :)

    Maybe we can be friends too...heheh..alright then, salam ukhuwwah dari ana..a sister from afar..=)

    ReplyDelete